Background app settings lets the app run in the background and operate even when the display is off.
Foreground Mode vs. Background Mode
Find out the characteristics and difference between each mode.
Configuring Foreground Mode
Configure the app for foreground mode use.
Configuring Background Mode
Configure the app for background mode use.
Agree to Location Service
Agree on location service to use the app in background mode.
Turn Bluetooth On
Note how to turn on Bluetooth to use the service.
App operates when the app is turned on and shows on the display.
Turn on the app and tap on the access control RF card reader with your phone. Access will be granted.
- Pros: you can preserve battery.
- Cons: you must turn on the app and see the app displayed to work.
App operates even when the display is off.
Tap on the access control RF card reader with your phone. Access will be granted even if the phone display is off.
- Pros: Tap and be granted access even when the phone is off.
- Cons: Battery consumption can increase.Note: Access may not be granted if the app is completely switched off. Keep the app open in the background to use.
Toggle to Foreground in Settings.Note: Access may not be granted with the app in the settings screen. Go back to the card screen to use. This may apply the same even if you switch the app in the background mode.
Note: Disable the Airfob Pass app on app power management and power saving management on OS settings.
Note: Turn on the Airfob Pass app and do not turn off. You can use other apps in multi-tasking.
Note: If you are using Bluetooth on Android, you must agree to Location Service to use mobile access.
If you have not agreed to Location Service, please agree to use the service.
- If you are using Android, allow the location service.
Note: If the location service is not turned on, there may be service restriction. If you are using Bluetooth, the mobile access may not work.
- If you are using iOS, switch the app to always on app settings under OS settings.
Note: In order to use the mobile access with the smartphone screen off in the background mode, allow Location Service to always to use.
iPhone (iOS 14)
- If you have updated your iPhone to iOS14, set your location service to always and turn on the precise location toggle. You can configure from app settings under OS settings.
Note: If you are using OS version of iOS14, you must configure like above in order to use the service in display-off, background mode.
Bluetooth must be turned on on the smartphone to use the service.
- If you are using Android, touch confirm to automatically turn on Bluetooth.
- If you are using iPhone, touch confirm and turn Bluetooth on again on the iOS network settings.